Time Capsule Musings

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Public Showers and Testosterone

Yesterday was a sweatbox of a day. You couldn't blind an eye without breaking into a sweat. Rance I rode our bikes on the carriage paths in Acadia National where it was a bit cooler and mostly shaded by the trees, but still we sweated.

We rode around Eagle Lake and Bubble Pond down to Jordan Tea House. We stopped for popovers and real fresh squeezed lemonade. The kind where it's just lemon juice and water in a tall glass with ice and they bring you little tureens of sugar water to sweeten it to your liking. Then we rode around Jordan Pond back up to Eagle Lake a total of about 12 miles. Still no where near the 150 miles in two days I'm going to do in August but then I won't be riding on packed gravel either.

We finished up around 6pm and call for the show is at 7pm. I had spied a public shower place on my drive around the island on Tuesday so Rance drove me over there so I could wash the stink off. It cost a buck twenty-five for four minutes of hot shower. Not bad at all, considering my alternative was a rub down with Wal-Green Baby Wipes.

It was Rance's day off so he dropped me off at the theater. It promised to be a hopping night because it was already a sold out house by 7pm. It was a fun show, and we're finding our rhythm of playing together. It was so warm outside that when it started to drizzle rain it felt just like Hawaiian rain. Again, I was sweating in all the wrong places.

Today Jen and I are having a girlie date; getting a pedicure and having dinner together. There's a good amount of testosterone in the house right now and I've had to put a moratorium on high-fives for me. I'm just not a natural high-fiver, once in awhile is okay, but seriously not for every sentence, I just can't do it. And yes, I will leave you hanging.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jordan Pond House...everyone talks about the popovers and jam like they're god's gift to Earth. I'm sorry...the Lemonade is god's gift. That stuff beat out the popovers 1000 to one in a survey conducted with Rance Rizzutto's in the area. Awesome. I want that lemonade all the time...always.

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    misleading title deanna. quite misleading. showers and testosterone? dirty dirty. who am i kidding, you knew it the whole time, didn't you? you're sick ms. (soo to be mrs.) moffit (or rizzutto) YOU'RE SICK!

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sounded like fun. I still can't believe you're going to bike 150 miles. That's a lot of riding. Jordan's popovers are really good, i remember you guys sang a song about them, (hot. buttery and goooood). I hope you wouldn't leave me hanging. though I don't high five much either.

    -declan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home