Time Capsule Musings

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Effing Mosquitos!

Apparently my face is a delicacy in the land of mosquitos. I quietly suffered through a most unfortunate nibbling on my right eye-lid all last week. I swelled and discolored so that it either looked like I had way too much pink eye shadow on, or later in the week, just got punched out by an enraged lobsterman. The final traces of evidence are finally leaving.

Yesterday on my walk by the river I had no idea what a smorgasboard I would be. See, they're sneaky eaters. They really don't let you know they were around until later in the day. For me it wasn't until after the show last night when all my adrenalin levels were lowering, that the nasty fact was uncovered. My face and neck started itching like crazy and knowing what the possibilities are I tried my best to resist temptation. In slumber though resistance is futile. I woke up this morning looking a bit freakish, with lumps and bumps and redness galore. Good Lord, do I want to scratch. First stop today, benedryl or calomine lotion or both.

Last night's show was a blast, lots of good high energy and though the crowd started slow they came along for the ride. The houses are up about 25% over last year at this time and we really haven't had to play to a small house yet.

It feels weird to think that Abby's last show is Thursday. It's our first cast change. She brings so much life into the house it just won't be the same without her. Especially for Mike, he's said Abby's the best relationship he's ever had. Of course she is Mike, she's a lesbian.

The good news is that Seth Weitberg comes in on Thursday. We were lucky enough to audition together and it felt like peanut butter and jam, a natural. Rance has played with him while they were both on DSI's Beatbox. He's going to be great and such a fun addition to the crew. He'll be here to watch the Thursday night show and then he gets thrown into the mix on Friday.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What do you get if you cross the Lone Ranger with an insect?
    The Masked-quito!

    What has antlers and sucks blood?
    A moose-quito!

    What is a mosquito's favorite sport?
    Skin-diving!

    What's the difference between a lawyer and a mosquito?
    A mosquito drops off you when you die!

    Why are mosquitos religious?
    They prey on you!

    Why did the mosquito go to the dentist?
    To improve his bite!

    How do you know if you have a tough mosquito?
    You slap him and he slaps you back!

    What is the most religious insect?
    A mosque-ito!

    What has 6 legs, bits and talks in code?
    A morese-quito!

    What is the difference between a mosquito and a fly?
    Try sewing buttons on a mosquito!

    Orin

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You bite those mosquitos right back, Deanna!

    This very uninspired comment was brought to you by Erin, and the number 3.

    -ec

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Deanna Moffitt said…

    Orin, how's your job going? Are you bored crazy and out of your mind?

    Love ya,

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should consider it a compliment that mosquitos bite your face. They go for my legs and arms. I guess my face isn't good enough. They have special creams, that are worth buying that help with itch, my weapon of chose is a pen shaped dispenser called After-Bite. it's worth however much it costs. I know you are gone now, but when you come back, it'll be good to go.

    -declan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home