Time Capsule Musings

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Raindrops Keep Falling

On Monday it was so friggen hot, I mean seriously Africa hot. After the show that night Larrance, Jen, Rance and I were all sitting out on the deck enjoying after show libations and sweets. All of us were thinking how wonderful it was to be able to sit out and enjoy the warm evening. The show went really well over half the theater was sold and it was an appreciative audience.

In a matter of seconds we could feel the weather change from reasonably warm, to cooler, to damn I've got to go get a jacket. Mother Nature broke up the party and has been raining on our plans ever since. I had wanted to get a hike in yesterday but it was too rainy and cold for my tastes. So the biggest outing was for Rance and I to go to the store and ogle the produce section. I hear that Maine has strict laws on incoming produce and pesticide control, whatever it is I'm in awe of the local markets veggies and fruits. They're beautiful. I had visions of me running up to the pile of fresh strawberries and burying my face in the ruby redness of it all, but the vision continued on into the after affects and I thought better of it.

Today our original plans were to go to Pirates Cove the champion of all mini-golf courses on the island but the rain continues on today so we've altered our plans to go see Batman Begins. I'll probably fall asleep 10 minutes into it like I do every action movie. At least it will be a less expensive nap at this local theater.

Tonight we have have our first two show night. I'm so happy for Jen and Larrance, last night was a sell-out and it looks like it could be the same again tonight. After all "it is only June" and the numbers for the week continue to climb. And we all are really clicking as an ensemble. Abby who had limited shortform experience prior to coming out here totally rocked the show last night in the game "Stage Directions". She committed so well to everything and the audience was just eating it up.

The rain has been such a downer that I got both this week's People and an Us magazine. I'll just say "ech" to all of it. Why do we give a rats arse whether Jessica or Paris look better in their respective car washing stints? Seriously Jessica did look better, but why do I care?

I promise I won't give any spoilers to the Batman movie on this blog unless you are interested in the opening credits which is mostly likely all I'll see.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you guys are having a fun, (though soggy) time. Miss you here and I'm very jealous of you. I'm stuck in a damn office... I'd love to be stuck inside due to rain... it's better than filing. Enjoy every moment of this experience.
    So, where are some pictures? There should be no excuse with Rance's mad skillz. Though you do paint a beautiful picture, I want to see the beauty of Maine in more than just my mind's eye.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Corey and Monique said…

    By the way, that last post was from me. I wasn't trying to be mysterious. I'm just not computer savvy.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hooray! More blog!

    D--which Abby are you referring to in your posts? Abby McE or Abby S?

    -Erin C.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Deanna Moffitt said…

    I'm going to work on getting some pictures onto a site that you all can preview soon.

    And it's Abby McEneny in the house. We're all sad that she's leaving next Friday.

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jessica did look better, and Paris in a close 2nd. The fruits and vegetables are mega good. God damn mother nature. She ruins all my fun. (and yours too).

    -declan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home