Time Capsule Musings

Saturday, June 04, 2005

500 Miles Later

We made it to Dunkirk, NY just outside of Buffalo tonight. We were in the car for about 10 1/2 hours and I must say, I love the ipod. For Christmas Rance not only got me an ipod but the ingenious itrip which allows your ipod to be transmitted over any FM radio. Mad props to my friends Mike and Roxanne who made a show CD for our 5B IO classes. That CD is hot, every jam was great and it got us half way through Indiana.

It was in Indiana that Rance covertly bought yet another crappy "ceramic" (read plastic) animal to add to the collection he thinks he's going to have. So now we have Tatonka the Buffalo and Chester the Chicken. I beg you fine reader, do not encourage this behavior. Thankfully, the smart folks of Ohio Service Plaza's don't stock these little figurines, and we went through Pennsylvania so quickly there was no chance to find one. I'm hoping his fascination wanes as our travels continue.

Tomorrow we deviate from our original plan because we realized we'll be about 40 miles away from Niagara Falls. We're planning on leaving Dunkirk a little earlier tomorrow so we can experience the power of the falls.

My friend Min-aha gave me a packet of information on things to do in Maine as well as a detailed map of the drive from Chicago. She made the drive at least a couple of times last year and her maps are great. We'll be staying up tonight to plan our route diversion.

Oh, I almost forgot!! We got some great news yesterday. A couple of our friends from Portland are going to sublet our place for a time while we're gone. They're coming out to for the summer intensives at IO. It works out great for everyone. They get a place to stay and we get a little help with our rent while we're away. They're cute, young, super talented, and get this...really, really, nice guys. I'm so glad they're going to stay at our place. Hey guys, don't forget to water the fern okay?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I almost made you a mix cd, with the most intense songs ever. but i wasn't sure if you liked the kind of stuff i liked. and i ran out of blank cd's a month ago. I hope the ipod gets you through another trip. if not, pick something random to fight about, like checkers, or a pad of butter.

    -declan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home