Time Capsule Musings

Friday, June 03, 2005

Let's Get It Started In Here

Rance and I leave tomorrow for Ellsworth, ME to perform with Improvacadia for six weeks. We're both looking forward to this adventure; however, we're also experiencing a good dose of procrastination. We still need to get the apartment in order, do some cleaning, and pack before we head out in the morning.

I wanted to get this blog started to keep our family and friends up-to-date on everything we're doing while we're out there. I'll post pictures along the way and you can comment on a posting if something strikes your fancy.

As a little background the website for Improvacadia is www.improvacadia.com Check it out after you finish reading this post. Larrance and Jen the couple who run the theater have been wonderful to work with so far. I'm anticipating nothing but fun, adventures and of course performing six nights a week.

The show is a short form format with heavy emphasis on musical improv. Larrance used to be the musical director for Baby Wants Candy (and I'm sure many other groups that I don't know about), so I figure by the time I get back my musical chops will be grilled to perfection.

Since Rance drove the entire way from Portland to Chicago when we moved our stuff out here last year. I want to make this drive in it's entirety, it's about 1250 miles. We have our route planned out and though there doesn't seem to be any hotspots that we'll be driving through I'm sure we'll find some interesting stuff along the way to photograph and document.

Alright my writing time is up, I've got some cleaning and laundry to start. Check back here often to get your updates on Maine and our lives.

Love to you all!

6 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Rance and Deanna and I love adventures. I cannot wait for this blog. Did you know there is a map on the back of the Declaration of Independence? I wonder if they'll find a similar hidden map in Maine. Mmmm... Have a safe drive.

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger ben said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looking forward to it... remember to be careful when using the bathrooms, it's somewhat embarassing when you clog your guests' toilets.

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Supes said…

    Have fun on the road, Rance & Deanna. Oh man, Maine will never be the same once you two rock it! Yeah!

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a fabulous time. I look forward to following your adventures...

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And we are all the way in the back. Before i knew you, or you knew me, or we knew eachother. it's been fun. lots of fun. commenting on every entry. i hope it's been as good for you as it has for me. now all i have to do is get some skillz at improv, and come to chicago to reign supreme as a 15 year old prodigy with 3 weeks of training. it could happen. for real. but, in all seriousness, i hope to see you guys again someday.it has been a pleasure running through your memoirs.

    -declan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home