Time Capsule Musings

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sunday Aftermath

First of all, Happy Father's day to any dad reading this post, especially my own and Tony.

Secondly, let me clarify my brief post from yesterday. I don't have a "crush" on Declan the 15 year old. I know that's what I wrote, and I won't even bother editing it, that was more of the girl scout cookie talking. I just think he's a good kid that reminds me a lot of Rance. He brought a couple of guitars to the theater last night and taught Rance a portion of Tenacious D's song "Wonder Boy". And then the two of them sat around and played name that tune for awhile.

Yesterday we all convoyed to some of Jen and Larrance's favorite spots on the island; Echo Lake, the Sea Wall, Long Pond and Bass Harbor. I spied some good hiking trails that I want to go back check out. Before we all headed back to the theater we stopped at the Little Notch Cafe and had a late lunch. Mmmmm...good. Except for Larrance who abhors mayonnaise and got a huge sandwich dripping with Garlic Aioli which is just a fancy name for his nemesis.

Rance and I checked out a local kayaking outfit to go sea kayaking. After talking to the guy a bit and us telling him we're actors at ImprovAcadia he told us that for workers on the island they allow them to go free on standby. Which means if they have at least two people signed up for an excursion we can tag along for free with a tip for the guide strongly encouraged. The weather's supposed to turn this week so we're hoping we can get out there.

Last night's shows were great, the first show was two seats shy of a sell out and the second a good solid number who were completely enjoying the show. Last night was the first night that I felt kind of tired, so I'm taking my first official night off tonight. They've got a pizza/movie house in Bar Harbor that I'm going to check out and then we may all meet up at go over to Donahue's for some karaoke.

But first it's cleaning day.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Post some pics pronto, please!

    (Lots of alliteration in the literature I'm reading.)

    -Erin C.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What about a crush on me!!? And what about girl scout cookies?!?! I really don't think I will ever forget that night, ever. I never got to teach him the rest of Wonderboy. It's a shame. Thanks for calling me a good kid, you have no idea how much i appreciate hearing that.

    -declan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home