Time Capsule Musings

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Transition and Swollen Elbows

Seth arrived on Thursday. He's a ball of energy and since he arrived right about the time that Rance and I were heading out to find some sort of adventure we asked him to come along. He was up for whatever came our way. Unfortunately, the only things that came our way were a very docile picnic spot and a hike through a muddy mosquito hall of fame, where once again I proved to be the main course. At one point during this very brief hike, I felt something on my left elbow. When I swatted at it my hand came away covered in blood. That little sucker was so engorged with my blood that he basically exploded on contact. My elbow now looks to be suffering from elephantitis.

Our last show with Abby was great. A sold out house and lots of great energy and love floating around the room. It was also the night of the NBA finals. So after hanging out on the deck for awhile with a very brisk June wind blowing, everyone headed back to the house so our the two Piston's fans in the house could watch the video taped game. I couldn't hang with the fellas, I was beat so I went to bed while Rance, Mike and Seth stayed up until 4 or 5am watching the game. I figured I'd find out in the morning what happened, which I did. Bad news for Mike and Seth.

I went for a four mile walk yesterday and then came back to the house to watch my arm swell and get some more reading time in. I'm currently reading "Wicked" and I'm loving it. At 5 o'clock we had rehearsal to indoctrinate Seth into the ways of ImprovAcadia. He was great, lots of great energy and fearlessness.

The shows last night were fun. I performed my Sybil in front of a small by appreciative audience. It was somewhat slow and more touching than funny but I was happy with it for not doing one in a couple of months.

A gentleman named Steve Raab came in for The Community Well. He's a local historian and buys and sells historical documents. He had wonderful stories of counterfeit documents and finding treasure. After the show he invited the cast over to his and his wife's house for the 4th of July for a barbecue. We'll get a first hand glimpse at some of his favorite documents and pictures in their huge gorgeous house.

Today we may get a chance to go to Echo Lake for a swim. It's supposed to hot here.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're sybil was inspiring. It was my first time watching a sybil, and i'm glad i got to see one of yours. That damn girl with the cell phone, i know you didn't mention it, but it was the first time we actually had a problem with cell phones, and now we ask people to turn them off. But I would've been distracted, you just kept on keeping on, and I admire that soooooooo much.

    -declan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home