Time Capsule Musings

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Baby It's Cold Outside

This morning when I woke up it was 6 degrees outside. A friend of mine emailed and asked if I wanted to go for a walk. A walk in six degree weather? Maybe to the car but that's about it. And then I went outside to the mailbox and was amazed and how beautiful a -3 windchill day can be.

I remember before moving here how nervous I was about surviving Chicago winters. But what I wasn't taken into account was the bluest of skies and sun for as far as the eye can see. Something that is rare once the rainy season starts in the Northwest. So yes, it's unbelievable cold outside but it just doesn't seem that horrible when you can still fill the warmth of the sun on your face.

My hair is significantly shorter today than it was yesterday. I wanted something a little sassier and I was afraid I was getting stuck in a look that I've had for a long time. The last two times I've had my hair cut and colored I've gone to a place called Big Hair and I love it! They don't usually take appointments for hair cuts; they're on a walk in basis only. But if you're getting your hair colored you can request a specific person. The best part is because they don't normally take appointments when you do need color you can call and get in right away. Oh and did I mention they're extremely reasonable on their prices? Need a haircut? Get there.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's colder in Chicago than in maine! we just got 6 inches of snow today, and had an early release from school. The best ski mountain around her got 38 inches of powder all through last night and today. Pretty intense for december.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home