Time Capsule Musings

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Southern Charm

Yesterday I left Atlantic City. Girl, those folks at Harrah's really know how to treat someone. After all my workshops were done I spent my last evening in their Steak House. By this time all of the managers and directors of each of the different venues had met me and everyone was going out of their way to make sure I had the best of everything.

The food was divine. The head chef came out and talked with me for a little while and then went back in the kitchen and created a plate of chocolate delicacies; including one little dandy called chocolate soup that had all of my pleasure synapses toasting marshmallows, they were so happy.

I was driven from Atlantic City to the Philadelphia airport by limo with Walter as my driver. He's another person that's been with Harrah's for a long time. There's a lot of longevity at that hotel which says something about the organization.

Anyway, I'll say this. The Philadelphia airport is gross and disgusting. Everywhere I looked there seemed to be rubbish and debris as if every person whose job it is to empty the containers is on strike.

The plane was late so by the time it got to the gate and deboarded they tried valiantly to get everyone boarded as quickly as they could. We all rushed to our seats and the plane pulled away from the gate and out to the runway. Only to be told there were 14 planes ahead of us. Well, that's all it took. I closed my eyes and I don't remember another thing until landing in Charleston.

Sitting here writing this, I look to my left and see hole number five for Turtle Point Golf Course. It could be any of the 18 holes, but to me it looks like hole number five. It's already hot and steamy outside. I think they only way to really enjoy this place is to LOVE golf. We're out in an area called Kiawah Island, SC. Which is beautiful to say the least. I probably won't get to see much of the actual city of Charleston but I have seen enough to know I'd love to come back sometime when work isn't involved.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate flying in airplanes. My ears get all poppy and whatnot, and i have to chew gum. No fun for me. I'm glad you can sleep through it.


    -declan

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger tara d. said…

    here we go, atlantic city! thanks for leading the charge on this. it sounds like you had a diff experience with diff people, so it's fun to read about.

    love you. yeah, SC!

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Zach said…

    When are you going to update this thing with how much fun we've been having on stage lately?

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger tara d. said…

    i've given up on you, moffitt! do you hear me? given up! southern charm thisssssssss!

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    roar! i'm angry too! roooooar!


    -declan

    p.s. this damned word verification is BULLCRAP.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    UGH!!! Earth to Deanna! Helloooooooooooooo?? Miss hearing from ya.

    Love LaDoo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home