Time Capsule Musings

Monday, August 01, 2005

Yep, This is Chicago

I changed my blogger look to reflect the change in locations. It felt natural to be transcribing my life events on a parchment looking screen while in historical Bar Harbor, ME. It feels a bit more pretentious here in the cement confines of Chicago.

I got my strongest indication that I was no longer in beautiful, serene Maine yesterday. I was driving down Wellington street with my friends Mike and Roxanne. When I saw that a huge SUV was attempted to parallel park to my right. It's not a wide street so I stopped my car and waited for him to park. Obviously he didn't like the fact that I stopped and waited for him. As I slowly drove by he gave me the one finger waive, which he also stuck in his mouth for a more grotesque effect. For the life of me I couldn't understand why he was so angry. So I stopped, rolled down my window and said "Hey, Buddy I was just trying to be nice. What's your problem?" he replied, "my problem is you and you're a lousy driver."

This is where my improv instincts kick in, I reply, "Oh yeah, well I'm an Indy Car driver." And in perfect yes and form, he replies, "Well, you're a pretty shitty one." I tell him that I hope he has a great day. We roll up our windows and laugh hysterically.

Mike informs me that there's only one current female Indy Car driver. We all hope that this guy doesn't look that fact up on the internet and find out I'm lying.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you gotsta love the city folk. i'm glad you could laugh at it. we miss you like crazy up in maine. seth left yesterday. his last night was groovy. now megan and marion are here. but even they aren't indy car drivers.

    -declan

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the new Blog look.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home