Time Capsule Musings

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Another Round of Pirates

As a cast we bought some flowers and a thank you card for Steve and Susan. Andrea and I took them over to their house before the show and coincidently ran into them on the way to their house. They were just stepping out for a bite to eat. So we got a chance to talk to them in person and tell them again how great it was to be at their house on the 4th.

Afterwards we saw that it was low tide and the bar between Bar Harbor and Bar Island was showing. I didn't have the best shoes on to be traversing the gravel and muscle beds but I also didn't want to miss this opportunity. Andrea and I took our time walking across the bar, talking and looking at tide pools. It wasn't until we got over to Bar Island that Andrea first spotted the tide quickly coming back in. Halfway across the bar the water was coming in fast and we had to hustle back. I made a failed attempt to leap across the stream of water that had cut the bar in half. What the hell, sandals dry.

It was Andrea's first show, she was great, the house was packed and it was a rockin' good time. It feels as a cast we're clicking and the shows are only getting better. The one odd moment was during the dream. I was hosting and I got a woman volunteer, who all of a sudden just freaked out and didn't want to be up on stage anymore. About the only part of her day that she did talk about was the fact that she "freaked" out because she and her husband had driven to the top of Cadillac Mountain. Yes, she was terrified to be driving in a car up a hill. I think she had been drinking and felt a moment of bravery when she raised her hand to volunteer, and then under the lights and with the questioning she just completely froze and all of her fears rushed back. The cast was great though, and created a whole life for her based on the fact that she didn't want to talk about anything. It made her look good, and saved a very awkward moment.

After the show we all went to Pirates Cove for a rousing round of putt-putt golf. We went on Blackbeard's Challenge which seemed a tad bit more difficult that the original course. Rance found out he was a better putter with one hand in his pocket and we all found we were a meaty buffet for the mosquito's.

SIDE NOTE TO MIKE AND DUNCAN: You two quit your fighting right now or I'm going to give you both a what for. I'll be home soon, until then play nice together.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Clarification: One hand in my back pocket, the other holding the golf club and using it to putt.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is nothing quite like seeing your own name in a blog entry. I was just happily reading along and then- BOOM there it was. My heart must have skipped three beats. Until that point, the best part of my day was when somebody held the elevator door open for me so that I wouldn't have to wait for another one, but that just came along and eclipsed it. I promise no more fighting while you are away.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn those mosquitos. I would've loved to mini golf with you guys. I'm not too good but I know the tricks of the course.

    -declan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home