Time Capsule Musings

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Planning for Portland

I'm heading out to Portland, OR on August 4th to ride in the MS 150 with a group of friends. We're doing this ride for and with my friend Julie whose mother and brother have both been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. It's a two day ride in and around the Forest Grove region of Oregon with lots of hills and valleys. It should be beautiful.

After a quick search on the old internet I found a bike shop in Portland that rents high-quality road bikes for just such adventures. This solves the problem of what will I ride? I didn't really want to ship my hybrid, heavy as hell bike out. It's great for flat Chicago; not so great for long hilly rides as I found out last year during a three day 190 mile ride.

Last night's show was rockin'. Another full house filled with laughers. I'll sure miss playing every night with people that I really like. But a day off is good too, which happens for Rance and I tonight.

Rance finished the Harry Potter book in record time, so now I'm digging in.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    start your c

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    crumple

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    toss

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Rance Rizzutto said…

    ? What? Start your C, crumple, toss?

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    190 miles!?!?!?! That's a lot of riding. Good luck with harry potter, and I'm happy to see you riding for a good cause. Good luck.

    -declan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home