Time Capsule Musings

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Ride in the Rain

The fact that I'm going to do a 150 mile bike ride in less than a month is freaking me out a bit. I've been riding, but not nearly enough. So yesterday I showed Andrea the wonders of the Carriage paths in Acadia Park. The weather has turned to cool and rainy which had both good and bad effects on the ride. It felt great to be riding in a cool mist, but the head wind we encountered as we climbed to the top of one of the steeper climbs was a biotch!

Andrea is an inspiration, she has one of those long lean bodies that is to die for and I'll admit to being enamored by her legs. Her gams are one of the best pair that I've seen on a real live body. Yesterday after one of our shows someone in the audience told her that she looked like Nicole Kidman. I'd agree, only without the botox. Oh and did I mention she has competed in triathalons? Anyway, while our body types are at opposite ends of the spectrum we actually have quite a few things in common. We're both from Oregon, we both competed in gymnastics as youngsters and we both have mothers with cats.

I've finally registered for my HS reunion. Part of the deal is filling out a memory page that will be compiled into a book with everyone else's memories. How in the hell do they think we can get any good memories or life highlights in with under 250 characters including spaces? I had some good stuff ready to go only to realize I was topping out around 760 characters. So I basically had to chop it down to a laundry list. Not that I've got that many great memories or highlights but sometimes a little flowery language can go a long way.

Last night was our first two show Wednesday. The first show was packed and we were clicking like a well oiled machine. The second show was about half full and we clicked a little less efficiently but still kept the machine going.

Rance and I are going to see Bewitched today, that is if I ever get out of my PJ's.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi. Long time reader, first time blogger....

    Memory page was a challenge for me as well. Basically, trip to Kah-Nee-Ta with girls, car runs out of oil, Deanna waits with me until parents come, long ride home. It took me forever to trim that story down!
    Keep riding Bella Risata! I don't want to hear.. "just go, just go ahead..." Ciao! Bella Stella

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Deanna Moffitt said…

    You may have to hear it Stella. My bike is a tank, but I'll keep it going.

    Love to all the Bella's

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The more i think of it, the more andrea reminds me of nicole kidman. good call mr. audience member. Anyway, you're going to a reunion, and i'm still in high school. Have fun there, and I doubt that anyone will even come close to being as cool as you.

    -declan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home