Time Capsule Musings

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Date Night

Never in my life have I purposefully watched both the day's sunrise and sunset until yesterday. Paddling out to the middle of Frenchmen's Bay to watch the sunset of Acadia park was breathtaking. I'd never been in a kayak before and loved every minute of the adventure. The night couldn't have been more perfect.

Well, I take that back. We were with a group that included eight kids that varied in ages from 11 to maybe 16, though they all looked young to me. They managed to take some of the romance out of the evening with their disruptive behavior and inability to row or steer their kayak. Rance and dealt with it by hanging back from the group a little bit.

We saw a bald eagle, a porpoise, jellyfish, a seal and numerous bird variations. I would love to do it again before we leave, though I don't know when we could work it into our schedules.

I got an email from my friend Paul Kampf. He's a local Chicago playwright, founder of Breadline Theater and now screenwriter/director. His first feature film "American Gothic" is about to have it's first screening for agents, and the movers and shakers in LA. And it looks like Lucas Films is going to be doing the sound mixing for the film!! I'm so excited for him. He's incredibly talented and just a super great guy.

Even more good news, another friend Rebecca Hanson just got a job as a Second City TourCo understudy. Yahooey!!!! I just love it when good things happen for good people.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not trying to be annoying by proofreading your blog, but I hold you to a high standard, and I want you to do your best work. When you said "...inability to row or steer their kazoo" did you mean kayak instead of kazoo? God is in the details.

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Deanna Moffitt said…

    Dear God and Mike, thank you so much for keeping a lookout for my details. Spell check is awesome.

    Though I would've enjoyed seeing all 8 of those kids try to steer their kazoos.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a blast, I'm sorry for the children. Jelly fish are fun, and so are the other animals you mentioned. Congrats to Paul and Rebecca, I don't know you, but I wish you the best of luck with both of your situations.

    -declan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home