Time Capsule Musings

Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm BAAAACCCCKKK!!

What in the world? Has it really been three weeks since my last post? Unfortunately in the land of Deanna not much has been going on during that time. Oh sure there were a few highlights like doing a two person show with the future of Chicago funny Mr. Mike K. and then reuniting with both of the Trifecta guys for a barprov show; and of course who can forget the CSz remote for 200 out of control Muslim teenaged athletes. But mostly it's just been a lot of moping around wondering what the heck am I doing with my life. It's been one of my first foray's into the insecure actor psyche. It's not a fun place to be and fortunately my stay there hasn't been long. Seeing all of the devastation brought on by the Katrina aftermath has certainly helped me to see that my problems are miniscule in comparison.

Today is Rance's mom's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!! I'm so very lucky to have two great moms in my life. I believe Julie has one of the sweetest souls I've ever met and a big reason that Rance is such a great guy.

I'm already looking forward to Sunday when a friend and I will be biking in the 17th annual Boulevard Lakefront Tour. It's only 35 miles, on my comfy, cushy bike seat. It will seem like a piece of cake after 150 miles on a steel pipe.

Afterwards I'm hopping on a plane for Atlantic City, NJ for a five day gig. From there I'll be heading over to Kiawah Island, SC for another gig over the weekend. Both gigs should be a lot of fun with great people. I'm really looking forward to them both.

The summer continues here in Chicago, though it's cooling down now at night which makes it so much more bearable. It's really beautiful right now. In a few moments I'm going to head out for a walk around the lake.

Life is good. Sometimes it's hard to know that but a simple change in my perspective helped to remind me. Thanks to all of my friends who walked with me through the dark times and sent love from across the states.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so happy I made the blog. You may notice that this posting was written after five pm. Yes, my sickness for blog reading knows no boundaries.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    deanna is back! hooray! i started doubting a return! i'm happy! exclamation point!

    -declan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home