Time Capsule Musings

Friday, September 09, 2005

Walking and Talking

Yesterday a friend and I went for a walk. We headed for the lake and started talking and we just kept talking and walking until we found ourselves on North Avenue Beach about four miles away. It was a warm day so we grabbed a couple of $3.00 bottle of waters, someone is making a mint there, and headed back.

Realistically we probably both had our maximum enjoyment of walking in the heat at about 4.5 miles. Though our wonderful conversation continued my walking paced slowed as I realized how tired and achey my legs were. I thought about my mom who has arthritis and though she doesn't complain much how hard it is for her to get around. I felt for just a moment as if I was walking in her shoes and my empathy level grew immensely.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1605318/> check this out! 3 dollars? check this

    -declan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home